Ohayo minai, o-genki deska?
That’s as much Japanese as I’ll attempt. I hope no-one’s fainted at the fact that there’s been 3 regular posts! I’m finding it much easier to research and create a regular post, so I’m happy I can keep people up to date with the latest j-music news.
Thanks very much for the comments this week, it’s brilliant to know that people are reading this and enjoying it rather than me typing to the general cosmos of the internet. Please let me know if there’s a particular section you like, or a favourite artist or genre that you’d like to be mentioned more often.
This week there’s naturally lot of release news (always a good thing), lots of info about the GazettE and some interesting news items courtesy of T.M.Revolution and AAA. Also there’s news about future lives, summer festivals or anniversary lives (I think it’s great there’s lots of artists being able to celebrate their longevity in the music industry).
In my latest attempt to tame Word Press, let’s use the Polls. I’ve been wondering about this for a while, so here’s the first question *ah they have a Manga style, ace!* ;
- Rumours were circulating around AAA when a countdown clock appeared on their website with a grey figure alongside the 7 members (see below). When the countdown reached zero at 12:00 on 16/05/2012 (JST), it launched the TRIPLE7 Campaign to celebrate 7 years since their debut. Fans have to collect codes from their next three singles, starting with Still Love You on 16/05/2012 to potentially win one of seven different prizes, the top prize is joining AAA’s activities as the 8th member for a limited time.
- Teruya, the guitarist for BeepSpree has left the group.
- More than just concert and music news, T.M.Revolution announced a series of releases at his consecutives lives. T.M.R. LIVE REVOLUTION ’12 -15th Anniversary FINAL- at Tokyo National Stadium First Gymnasium 12/05/2012 and 13/05/2012 was to celebrate his 16th anniversary since his debut. First on 12/09/2012 the live album T.M.R. LIVE REVOLUTION 11-12 -CLOUD NINE-, followed by the live DVD T.M.R. LIVE REVOLUTION 12 -15th Anniversary FINAL- on 19/09/2012, and finally on 26/09/2012 the cover album UNDER:COVER 2 is out. Goodie goodie!
- Again with the double dose of news, Sambomaster will release their first album since moving to Victor Entertainment Inc, Rock’n’roll is not dead, on 11/07/2012. Also they will be on tour nationwide through September In addition, they also announced that they will holding a nationwide in September, having just completed the final live on 12/05/2012 for the Sobaya no Oyaji ni Kikimasita! 『Sambomaster no Shinkyoku Mada Desuka?』『Sakki Deta Tokorodesu』Tour 2012 nationwide tour.‘Rock’n’roll is not dead’ is their first album after they transferred labels from Sony Music Records Inc. to ‘Getting Better‘ of Victor Entertainment, Inc..
- Vallquar will go on hiatus on 17/08/2012. No reason has been given yet.
- 0801ni209XX6! (the group formally known as 0801ni209336) have a number of releases planned. First the single http://www.kareshiboshuuchuu.jp is out on 04/07/2012, folowed by the mini albums
- shinjitsu wa orange to salt de dekiteiru and uso wa ringo to sugar de dekiteiru on 22/08/2012. They are all limited to a thousand copies each. Certainly an interesting name. Does it have any significance when translated into Japanese? I’d love to know.
- The first new mini album is titled “The 39th single from Arashi will be Your Eyes, available from 06/06/2012.
- Although currently untitled, Art Cube will release their mini album in July since their move to the Red Style Creation label.
- Chatmonchy have had their latest single, Kira Kira Hikare, produced by ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION member Goto Masafumi. It’s out on 04/07/2012.
- Hello Project groups °C-ute and Berryz Koubou will collaborate for a second time for the single Cho HAPPY SONG on 20/06/2012.
- Crystal Kay will be making her first release since joining Universal Music Japan. VIVID is out on 27/06/2012 and has been produced with other international and domestic artists, much like Namie Amuro’s Checkmate album. She will also be a guest star on FAR EAST MOVEMENT’s track Where the wild things are.
- Reggae artist HIBIKILLA has his song The Goal available free to download via his website.
- Kanjani 8 will release their single Ai Deshita, the theme for the TBC drama Papadol ! on 13/06/2012.
- Double threat (singer and actor) Naohito Fujiki is celebrating his 40th birthday with a mini-album, Forty (卌) (surprise surprise) on 04/07/2012.
- The strongest of the AKB-48 sub units, Not yet will release their fourth single Suika BABY on 30/05/2012, the same day as fellow sub-unit Watarirouka Hashiritai 7’s release Shounen yo Uso wo Tsuke!.
- After changes in their line-up, visual kei group Solaris.★ will release their first mini album ContRast ryuuseigun on 18/07/2012.
- Superfly and Tortoise Matsumoto have dueted on the song STARS, which will be theme for Fuji TV’s broadcast of the London Olympics. The single will be released on 25/07/2012.
- the GazettE have confirmed the release date for their album DIVISION will be 29/08/2012.
- After the sad loss of their bassist TAIJI, TSP are releasing a new mini-album entitled MAD CLUSTER!! on 06/06/2012.
- Vanilla Beans will release their new single Non-section on 04/07/2012.
- (Although I would call them a pop band) Hip-hop band w-inds. will release MOVE LIKE THIS, THEIR NINTH ALBUM, ON 04/07/2012.
- a-nation will be holding two summer events, with a new project to celebrate their 11th anniversary. stadium fes will be at Nagai Stadium in Osaka on 18 and 19/08/2012 and Ajinomoto Stadium in Tokyo on 25 and 26/08/2012 (further details to follow). The news this week is about their new event music week at Shibuya and Yoyogi first gymnasiums in Tokyo from 03/08/2012 to 12/08/2012. There’ll be decorations and fashion/food/amusement collaborations at Shibuya, described as the “trendsetting area in Japan”. But the artists are incredible, any major current artist you can think will be there. Announced so far include VERBAL, m-flo, the GazettE, AAA, Miura Daichi, AKB48, girl next door, SUPER☆GiRLS, SKE48, VAMPS and more. If there was ever a time I would visit Japan, this would be it!
- Ai Otsuka is making hr comeback with a nation tour in September. Ai Otsuka LOVE IS BORN ～9th Anniversary 2012～ will be making stops in Tokyo, Kobe and Nagoya.
- Due to high demand from fans worldwide, DIR EN GREY will be broadcasting Movie DIR EN GREY -UROBOROS- via USTREAM. The movie is taken from Nippon Budokan lives on 09/01/2012 and 10/01/2012. Further details about the broadcast date and time will be made on 21/05/2012. They also have two live releases on DVD and Blu-ray, with TOUR2011 AGE QUOD AGIS Vol.1 [Europe & Japan] on 20/06/2012 and TOUR2011 AGE QUOD AGIS Vol.1 [U.S. & Japan] on 18/07/2012.
- Rockers Girugamesh will be going on their have Sadistic Year 2012 national tour, starting 07/07/2012 in Chiba.
- NICO Touches the Walls will hold a free live at Yoyogi Park Outdoor Stage on 16/05/2012 on the release day of their single Natsu no Daisankakkei.
- Otsuka Ai will be hosting her one-man live Otsuka Ai LOVE IS BORN ~9th Anniversary 2012~ in September to celebrate the anniversary of the debut (made on 10/09/2003) and her 30th birthday (on 09/09/2012).
- L’Arc~en~Ciel member TETSUYA will host a live at Shibuya Kokaido on 2 and 3/10/2012, entitled TETSUYA LIVE 2012 ‘THANK YOU.
- the GazettE and VAMPS are both appearing at KISHIDAN BANPAKU 2012 on 16 and 17/09/2012.
- UNLIMITS will be hosting their first acoustic live at Shimokitazawa SHELTER on 20/05/2012, and will be free for the first hundred people to purchase their single Cascade on 16/05/2012.
Be Genki (^o^)y