Hi everyone, how you doing?
A lot of news this week relates to new releases. But I’m making the committment to weekly news updates, so it’d be better to get the latest news in small bites than have more news stories that are weeks ago. It seems to be all about the visual kei bands this week with lots of single, mini-album and full album news. But everyone can also be happy about more US and European releases, less importing required! As always it’d be great to hear your feedback.
- On 07/05/2012 it was announced that idol group Nogizaka46 will be the first ’sightseeing envoy’ of Oita City, joining AKB48’s Sashihara Rino in promoting the city.
- Sowelu will be going on hiatus after her latest album 29 Tonight is released on 30/05/2012.
- Girl unit 9nine hosted their first hall one-man live at Nippon Seinenkan on 06/05/2012. As well as singing they also completed their first live band performance. Miura Daichi also held a first, his first live at Nippon Budoukan on 03/05/2012.
- Seiyuu Miyano Mamoru (acted in Death Note and Mobile Suit Gundam oo) hosted a special live called ‘MAMORU MIYANO SPECIAL LIVE 2012 ~FIGHTING!~‘ at Pacifico Yokohama on 06/05/2012. The concert will be released on DVD and Blu-ray along with his summer tour from last year on 22/08/2012.
- On 07/05/2012 YUKI celebrated her 10th anniversary with a live at Tokyo Dome. YUKI LIVE ‘SOUNDS OF TEN’ was her first solo concert at the Dome. Also celebrating a 10 year anniversary was Nakagawa Shoko, who held her 10gen Toppa! SHOKO NAKAGAWA LV UP LIVE Cho☆Yaonsai live for her birthday on 05/05/2012.
- Visual kei group ALSDEAD will release their FLASH BACK single on 11/07/2012.
- BONNIE PINK is making her single Machi no Namae available on 04/07/2012. The track was produced by by her current tour bandleader Suzuki Masato from LITTLE CREATURES.
- Punk-rockers CLEAVE‘s mini-album The Circele EP is getting it’s European release on 16/06/2012 through Street Machine Records and the exclusive track In Our Times.
- Post-hardcore group coldrain will release mini-album Through Clarity on 04/07/2012, which features the track No Escape that featured in the video game BIOHAZARD Operation Raccoon City.
- Even before their single Dying Message on 30/05/2012, D have another single Danzai no gunner in 3 different versions out on 18/07/2012.
- flumpool will release their single Because… I am, on 04/07/2012. This is also the name of their national tour which started on 31/03/2012.
- May’n is getting US iTune releases of her albums HEAT, If you… and her single Chase the World on 16/05/2012.
- Too old to be called a boy band really, pop man collective EXILE will release a new single on June 20th.
- Visual kei band Mix Speaker’s,Inc. have their mini-album SEAPARADISE no Hiho due on 23/05/2012, with an untitled single in September and full album in November. Clearly for them Halloween is for life, not just October.
- Momoiro Clover Z announced on 05/05/2012 (on Children’s Day) that their track MiteMite☆KoCchiCchi will be the ending theme for anime Pokémon: Best Wishes! and movie Meloetta no kirakira recital(Meloetta’s Sparkling Recital). Pika Pika!
- Sakamoto Maaya will release the theme song More Than Words for anime film Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito on 25/07/2012. She worked with the same writer and arranger who composed her debut single.
- Girl-punk-rockers Shonen Knife‘s new album Pop Tune is out on 06/06/2012, with a North American release through labl Good Charamel Records and European release through damnably.
- Rock group STRAIGHTENER have announced details about their acoustic album. The tracks will be new arrangements of 14 previously released songs and 2 new songs, although no release date yet.
- More visual kei news, THE SOUND BEE HD have their mini-album SOU available from 11/07/2012, which apparently is a return to their origins.
- Visual kei-ers vistlip have their new single, simply called B, out on 04/07/2012, with the B-side PERFECT CRIME.
- ViViD have completed their first full-album, due on 27/06/2012, which will include the latest single REAL out on 16/05/2012.
Be Genki (^o^)y