- Japanese idol Tsuyoshi Domoto‘s album NIPPON is due for it’s European release on 21/10/2011. A fusion of funk, blue and Japanese tradition, the release will also include german/french/english lyric translations.
- Fukui Mai‘s new single Yakusoku no basho will be released on 23/11/2011. This will be the theme song for the PS3 release of FINAL FANTASY XIII-2. The Xbox 360 theme will be NEW WORLD by CHARICE.
- MBLAQ have their second Japanese single Baby U! scheduled for release on 26/10/2011. You may recognise the Korean boy band’s song as the opening theme from the anime Beelzebub. Speaking of theme songs, the opening theme for drama Yokai Ningen Bem will be KAT-TUN‘s new track BIRTH, due for release on 30/11/2011. And as all good things come in threes, SCANDAL will be making their second contribution to anime Bleach by providing the song Harukaze as the theme for the “Shinigami Daiko Shôshitsu-hen” (The Lost Shinigami Represenative Badge Arc), which will be aired on 11/10/2011.
- Followng requests from international fan requests, AAA‘s new single will Charge & Go! on 16/11/2011.
- Idol group SKE48 have announced their seventh single, Okidoki out on 09/11/2011.
- Girl band After School will be making their next Korean-language single Diva a Japanese-language single, due for release on 23/11/2011. Also Korean girl band 4Minute have announced ther next Japanese single. READY GO will be released some time in December, but until then have a listen to a sample of the track.
- A new single is due from Tokyo Girls’ Style on 23/11/2011. Their 8th single is as yet untitled, but there’ll be four different versions available.
- The girly pop duo PUFFY will be releasing their best of album 15 on 22/11/2011. The tracklisting is currently unannounced, but will include their classic tracks such as Asia no Junshin.
- Although they disbanded last year, a best of album from Phantasmagoria will be released on 23/10/2011. Entitled Wailing Wall 2004-2010, the 29 tracks are split onto 2 CDs with the first covering 2004-2006 and the second 2006-2010. Visual Kei band Tokami will be releasing their mini-album, Resurrection on 08/11/2011.
KinKi Kids have a new album entitiled K album due on 09/11/2011. This is the first album in two years from the Johnny’s Entertainment group, as features guest appearances from Yasushi Akimoto, DREAMS COME TRUE, YO-KING and Taturo Yamashita to name a few. The limited edition release will not only have a 32-page booklet but video clips for all of their 31 single releases.More news from Johnny Entertainment groups, Meikyu Love Song is the next single from Arashi, to be released on 02/11/2011. This track is the theme to the drama Nazotoki wa Dinner no Ato de starring Arashi member Sakurai Sho.
Acid Black Cherry have already announced their next single Pistol will be released on 16/10/2011. This is the third release as part of their five month consecutive release schedule (the busy bees!) The regular single edition will have a cover of the song Otoko, originally performed by Kubo Ruriko way back in 1993. Check out the PV preview for their second single in the video section.
D=OUT will release their new single Zenshin Zenrei LIVES on 02/11/2011. This is currently the end theme for the variety program Kaiun! Nandemo Kanteidan, which has been aired by TV TOKYO since 1994. The various editions will either have bonus tracks, DVDs, footage of D=OUT’s variety program Da! Da! Da! D=OUT☆ or video clips of the single.
- Pop legend Hamasaki Ayumi‘s mini-album FIVE, released on 31/08/2011 will now be released on BDM format on 09/11/2011. As well as music and video data on the Blu-ray versio, with the serial key it will give online users access to things such as limited goods, advanced ticket sales and fan club content, with full details to be confirmed.
- After the success of the first volume in January, a second volume of cover album Crush!2 -90’s V-Rock best hit cover songs- will be released on 23/11/2011. Current visual kei artists such as -OZ-, BLACK OUT and Chemical Pictures will covering tracks from visual kei 90’s legends such as GACKT, Siam Shade and MALICE MIZER. I adore cover versions so I can’t wait to hear them.
And finally to get you in the Christmas spirit, CHEMISTRY‘s single eternal smile, due for release on 30/11/2011, has been chosen as Sanrio’s Christmas campaign CM song.
- European label Bishi-Bishi have added more artists to their digital store. Firstly there’s Rekka Katakiri and her mini-album Vérité et Mensonge, The_AIU’s debut album MINORITY, and a collection of anime cover songs from ANISON PROJECT. It’s starting to feel like there’s Bishi-Bishi news every week! Has anyone bought anything from Bishi-Bishi yet?
- EXILE member ATSUSHI will be making a guest appearance in the Japanese edition of BOYZ II MEN’s anniversary album TWENTY, due for release on 12/10/2011. After collaborating on their 2006 album on the track Muzak, ATUSHI will appear on End of The Day.
- One of the most famous visual kei bands at the start of the 21st century, baroque, have announced they are making a comeback. Although an official drummer or the status of bassist Bansaku’s membership haven’t been confirmed, they will be holding a concert at TOKYO DOME CITY HALL titled Re:First Live IN FUTURE on 06/01/2012.
- HiGE has changed their label to Nippon Columbia and will be celebrating by releasing their untitled but self produced album on 07/12/2011.
First available on the iPhone, now L’Arc~en~Ciel have their official application called L’Appli available for Android smartphones. Shame I have a Blackberry 😦
- The last four albums from Jawaiian Hip-hop pair Def Tech are now available on UK and US iTunes. Def Tech and Lokahi Lani from 2005, Catch The Wave from 2006 and Mind Shift are all uploaded, and the latest album UP will be out 05/10/2011 (available for pre-order now).
- Rock band Chatmonchy have become a 2-member band after the withdrawal of drummer Takahashi Kumiko. The link also has a statement from Takahashi.
- Johnny’s Entertainment have announced a new boy band, called Sexy Zone. The five members are aged between 11 and 17, and will release their debut single in November.
- Speaking of Johnny, the founder of JE Johnny Kitagawa has been honoured with two Guinness World Records, highlighting him as one of the world’s most successful music producers. The first award he received is for the ‘most No.1 singles produced by an individual’, with 232 chart-topping songs (between 1974 to 2010).The second award is for the ‘most concerts produced by an individual’, having produced 8,419 between 2000 to 2011 with an estimated attendance totalling 48,234,550.
- Gummy will be making her Japanese debut through label YGEX. Her mini-album Loveless, due for release on 09/11/2011, will include a collaboration track with Big Bang’s T.O.P.
- Korean girl band RAINBOW give a performance of their debut Japanese single A on the Happy Music programme.
- Now one from the boys. Korean rock band CNBLUE have a PV preview for their Japanese debut In My Head due for release on 19/10/2011.
- Gazette have released a preview PV for the track The Suicide Circus which will be part of their TOXIC album released on 05/10/2011.
- Here is the new PV for AKB48‘s Kaze wa Fuiteiru, to be released on 26/10/2011.
- BENI has released a PV preview for her single Darlin, due for release on 12/10/2011.
- The duo ZORO have released a PV for their new single Police. This is their first release since the band went on hiatus earlier this year. The surviving members also have their label JESSE RECORDS and online store.
- Here’s two female rocking performances on 18/09/2011’s Count Down TV (CDTV) courtesy of Nakashima Mika and miwa.
- As promised, here is a PV preview for Acid Black Cherry‘s single Shangri-La.
- Sakanaction have released the PV for the first single Endless from their album DocumentaLy. Although there are no release date yet, this track is suggested to show the direction of the album.
- SID released the PV for their single Itsuka, that got it’s single release on 28/09/2011.
- The Japanese release of the Wii game Just Dance will be released on 13/10/2011, and the CM has been released featuring AKB48. The game also features Amuro Namie, Koda Kumi and BOA, who I love. Do you think the game would work on my UK console?
- On 26/09/2011 nine idol groups (SKE48, Idoling!!!, Fairies, Momoiro Clover Z, NMB48, bump.y, 9nine, SUPER☆GiRLS and SDN48) got together on the programme ‘HEY! HEY! HEY! Music Champ’, with Saijo Hideaki to perform the classic party song Y.M.C.A.
- The PV is out for STRONG, the first release from MIYAVI, featuring the first of the international collaborations, rapper KREVA.
- Here are the performances from 25/09/2011’s Music Japan, featuring Koda Kumi, Hey! Say! Jump!, BREAKERZ to name a few.
By the way, if any of the video links get removed, please let me know and I’ll try and find alternative links.
ORICON CHART WEEK 38-39
Have a good week
Be Genki (^o^)y