13 Oct 2011 – How are you doing? How are you liking the content so far? Is there more types of information you’d like, more videos or bios of featured artists? Should there be dedicated artist, video etc pages.
Also on 16/11/2011, T.M.Revolution will release his album UTAGE, which includes songs used for the anime Sengoku Basara. Yeah for T.M. Revolution!
New visual kei act Awoi have confirmed they will be releasing their mini-album CHILDREN ON 26/10/2011. This release will be supported by the tour the child of CHILDREN which they announced a few months ago.
Following from the release of their next single, SID have announced an untitled single will be released 07/12/2011.
- A best of album will be released from Big Bang on 23/11/2011. Entitled THE BEST OF BIGBANG, a regular edition will include 14 tracks, a limited edition will have 2 CDs with both their best Japanese and Korean tracks and a DVD, and the special edition will also have a T-shirt.
- girl next door have got 2 singles due for release over the next couple of months. The first is ROCK YOUR BODY on 19/10/2011, followed by Boogie-Woogie Night on 16/11/2011, which is also member Chisa’s birthday. Here is a preview of the ROCK YOUR BODY PV.
- NICO Touches the Walls will have their new album HUMANIA on sale on 07/12/2011. Unconfirmed tracks on the album will be Te wo Tatake (au LISMO’s CM song), Endless roll (theme for “Switch wo Osu Toki“) and Bicycle (the theme for “11-nin mo Iru!“).
- Female visual kei group exist†trace will release their new album THE LAST DAYBREAK on 19/10/2011.
- Former DELUHI drummer Sujk is releasing a solo album called ARKHELISM on 07/12/2011. It even features some of his ex-members.
- A posthumous album will be released of recordings from former Kagrra, singer Isshi. Entitled Kouyou, it will be available on his birthday, 07/12/2011.
- Backstreet Boys member Howie D will be collaborating with singer/actor Shirota Yu (aka ‘U‘) on a track on Howie’s album BACK TO ME. The song If I Say will be a bonus track on the Japanese release, due on 09/11/2011, the song itself is available from 12/10/2011.
- Another US/Japan collaboration with Jason Derulo and Akanishi Jin. His US debut, the single Test Drive will be digitally released on 08/11/2011.
- And a third East meets West collaboration, R&B singer AI will release Letter In The Sky on 14/12/2011, with none other than the Jackson brothers. This will be the theme song for the MICHAEL JACKSON TRIBUTE LIVE, which will be held on 13/12 and 14/12/2011 at Yoyogi National Stadium.
- Folk pair Yuzu will be releasing their single Sho and a live DVD LIVE FILMS 2 -NI, both on 30/11/2011. A Chaku-Uta (mobile ringtone I think) was launched on 05/10/2011. The releases include concert footage fromOkinawa and Yokohama.
- Hope and The Silve Sunrise is the title of GLAY‘s Christmas mini-album, to be released on 14/12/2011. The regular and limited edition, and a Blu-ray/DVD release of their fan club lives We Love HappySwing will be available through their mail-order site G-DIRECT. More reasons to start counting down to Christmas!
- Visual kei act D will be releasing a DVD to commerate their first overseas tour on 20/10/2011. D TOUR 2011 VAMPIRE SAGA ～Path of the Rose～ European Tour and A-Kon Documentary DVD will include footage from European and US performances. If you were there will you spot yourself in the audience?
- MUCC have also released a live DVD for their most recent tour, due on 23/11/2011. Entitled MUCC Tour “Chemical Parade” Complete, it will feature the concert at Nippon Budokan on 21/05/2011 and include footage of the entire Chemical Parade tour that started the year before.
- Kuwata Keisuke’s DVD of his September live, “Miyagi Live ~Ashita e no March!!~“, will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on 16/112011, and part of the proceeds will be donated to the Japanese Red Cross.
- ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION will make their second performance at Waseda University’s school festival on 05/11/2011, subtitled Sayonara Yutori Generation.
- A host of acts will be performing at a 3 day Christmas live, entitled LAWSON present MUSIC FOR ALL, ALL FOR ONE supported by Sukapaa between 23/12/2011 and 25/12/2011 at the Yoyogi National Gymnasium. Out of the 15 groups, some already confirmed are flumpool, Hilcrhyme, Kimaguren, JUJU, KARA and Koda Kumi, with the concept of positivity after the horrific disaster earlier this year.
- And speaking of stars, on 09/10/2011, 7 acts performed at The 2nd Japan-Vietnam Music Festival~Kono Heiwa wo Yume mite~ at the Opera House in Hanoi. This was to thank Vietnam for their support during the earthquake and also to celebrate the 100th year of the venue. Some of the acts performing include AKB48, Koda Kumi, and EXILE.
Morning Musume。have a new line up with new tenth generation members. This was announced during the penultimate concert of their tour Morning Musume。 concert tour 2011 Aki Ai BELIEVE ~ Takahashi Ai sotsugyō kinen special ~. This was also the last performance for group leader Takahashi Ai.
Speaking of new-line ups, DragonWRAPPER will lose their vocalist koUME after their concert on 23/11/2011, and will be going on a 1 month hiatus.
- Yamashita Tomohisa and Nishikido Ryo have left Johnny’s Entertainment group NEWS. Yamashita is going solo, Nishikido will continue with Kanjani8.
Shibasaki Kou, DECO*27, and TeddyLoid have joined together to create a new group called galaxias. Having previously worked together on Shibasaki’s single Mukei Spirit in February, their debut album is penciled in for a November release.
On 01/10/2011, Every Little Thing started their nationwide tour, “Every Little Thing 15th Anniversary Concert Tour 2011~2012 ‘ORDINARY’“, at Urayasu Bunka Kaikan in Chiba to celebrate 15 years together.
Angelo held a surprise live at Shinjuku Station Square on 04/10/2011. This was to celebrate the release of their album BABEL on 05/10/2011. This is the first live since Karyu (ex. D’espairsRay) and Giru (ex. Vidoll) joined, but authorities stoppped it after 3 songs due to overcrowding!
Leader of L’Arc~en~Ciel tetsuya celebrated his 42nd birthday on the second date at Hokkaido on their “20th L’Anniversary TOUR“.
Internationally recognised DIR EN GREY have offically announced their political campgain project SCREAM FOR THE TRUTH. The band are accusing the Japanese Government of hiding the truth about the radiation level after the nuclear disaster caused by the earthquake and tsunami in March 2011. They have opened a website, which has their open letter which was originally posted on their offical Facebook page on 01/08/2011.
- MTV are launching a new platform that will promote international music to US audiences, through programming, online content and social media.
- And what would the blog be wthout Bishi-Bishi news? I’ve added more artists onto their online store, including Word Sketch, OYAMAxNITTA and SHAME.
- Ahead of the second V-ROCK FESTIVAL on 23/10/2011, several artists have recorded video comments, including Golden Bomber, YELLOW FRIED CHICKENZ
- After annoucning her Japanese debut last week, a short PV has been released for Gummy‘s single Gomen ne.
- Check out here the PV for Mahou no Melody from Tegomass.
- Here is a preview of the PV for Brain Diver from May’n, due on 02/11/2011.
- And here is the PV for Superfly‘s single Ai wo Kurae, which was released on 12/10/2011.
- On 02/10/2011’s edition of Music Japan, there were performances from SID, Itsuka, Porno Graffitti, Tohoshinki and AKB48.
- Also there were performances from Kimura Kaela, SID, Rake, Sonar Pocket and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu on 10/10/2011’s episode of Coming Soon!.
- Matenrou Opera have released the PV for their single Otoshiana no soko wa konna sekai, released on 19/10/2011.
ORICON CHART WEEK 40-41
Have a good week and I hope to see you at this Saturday’s first Neo Kei night.
Be Genki (^o^)y